- Demolition- Tear off poorly build addition and glass sunroom and general demolition to achieve step 2.
- Generally restore the original structure as much as possible while visually balancing and adding dormers to make the upstairs more functional. this includes straightening the foundation and providing new structure for the second floor, 2 new chimney's, a new roof, replacing most of the windows, new siding, and a screen porch
- Renovate the interior to update the bathrooms, kitchen, heating, and all the interior finishes.
- Restore the existing barn
- Add a new addition in place of the old structure. Note: This is where I am planning my larger design moves including a green roof and a lot of glazing.
Currently the house is in the midst of step 2 with the major structural work done, chimneys built, and now the exterior aesthetic getting a much needed face lift. Originally planned as a much more modest endeavor, the scope and schedule keep accelerating. Here is a before and after of the first real exterior work.
Existing house after first demolition stages
View down from hill at new windows and dormers
Hillside front door with new dormersHillside from the road, slightly more finished